He has directed his talent toward a celebration of the American ideal of quality through his series of custom sculptures and paintings. "As an artist I've always been drawn to things larger than life. Things that take on a meaning beyond themselves and fill us with memory and emotion, embodying the spirit of a dynamic time or celebrating a special event or achievement. The theme running through all my work is greatness; something far beyond the ordinary. Things which symbolize a standard of excellence in design and achievement".
The compelling purpose of "The Masters" has been to energize our lives to greater possibilities and pointed the way for us. The artists, writers, musicians, scientists, the entrepreneurs of yesteryear. For me, these images have created a stimulating environment. They are the force that activate new beginnings. Their images remind us that a purpose allows us to be at our creative best, and that a life of responsibility and commitment will lead to achievement and greater expectations, and to maximize our potential.
For many years I have been directing my sculpture ability toward the exploration for the best of human achievement, which has grown into a series of portraits busts (The Masters Collection) that give off an aura of inspiration for me. I believe these images are symbols that manifest energy that can stimulate any environment. When I read their great quotations and the principles they lived by, I empathize with appreciation for Edison when I turn on an electric light, see a movie, listen to recorded sound. Einstein for his theories, Franklin for his entrepreneurial spirit, Beethoven for his compositions, Shakespeare for his contribution to literature, Montessori for education, Da Vinci for his diversity.
The display of these sculptures in your home, library, corporate offices, or given as achievement awards, I know "The Masters" will enhance any decor with a positive message.
I thank all who share part of my collection for their wise choice. I hope it stimulates your environment as it has mine.
Robert R. Toth is the founder of RT-DESIGNS USA. His sculptures and paintings are of a diverse variety that occupy his studio. These and other creative designs present a variety of themes, some of which are featured in this presentation, which in essence is a part of his gallery.
Toth who grew up in New Jersey, graduated from the Newark School of Fine and Industrial Art, where he majored in Fine Art. His post graduate studies were at the Art Students League, New York City, and the Cape School of Art with Henry Hensche, Provincetown, Mass. He has worked in industry creating architectural renderings and designing trophies. For several years he was on the design staff with Congoleum Industries. In 1975 he established the "Island heights Studio of Art" and RT-DESIGNS USA.. He presently resides and is working from his new studio facility in North Carolina now the home of RT-DESIGNS USA.
Robert Toth can provide Distinct Designs upon Customer request
His work is displayed in private and public collections in this country and throughout the world. The following list is representative of some of these:
- Edison Historic Site, West Orange, New Jersey
- Royal Scottish Museum, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Titanic Historical Society Archives, New York City
- American Phonograph Collecting Society, Berkeley, California
- Smithsonian Institute National Portrait Gallery, Wash., DC
- Iwashimizu-Hachiman-Gu Shrine, Kyoto, Japan
- Domino Classic Car Museum, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum (AMA), Pickerington, Ohio
- Vatican Museum, Rome, Italy
- Spencer Transportation Museum, Spencer , NC
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, New York City
- MGM Studios, Hollywood, CA
- 20th Century Fox, Motion Picture Industry
- Miramax, Motion Picture Industry
- Showtime TV
- NBC TV
- Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Andrew Jackson Society, Salisbury, NC
- Montessori World Wide Organization. MD
- Greater Columbus Ohio Film Festival Award
- Masonic Lodge of Columbia, Missouri
- Beethoven – Commissioned by Lincoln Center, NYC
- Truman – Commissioned by The Masons, Columbia, MO
- Einstein - Commissioned for The Berman Museum of Art, Philly, PA region
Citizens Patriot Award given at the Pentagon
Awarded to Senators Robert Dole and John McCain and others
- Edison Museum and Birthplace, Milan Ohio
- Friends of Franklin, Philadelphia, PA
- Featured at the Edison Centenary Exhibition at the Royal Scottish Museum, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Mostly Mozart Festival, Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center, NY City
- Metropolitan Opera, New York City
- The Berman Museum of Art in Montgomery County, Philadelphia, PA region.
Sigmund Freud -
part of A Centennial Salute to
Freud and Einstein's 1905 Centennial